Sunday, September 11, 2011
Some things to know.
こんいちは!

Japan is definitely a different country and I wanted to share some of the daily things I do in my life now that I don't do in America.

  1. You don't wear your shoes on the carpet or inside your home. At our dorm we have to take off our shoes on the title at the entrance of the door inside and put on our slippers which reside in our shoe box and place our outside shoes inside the box.
  2. Bathroom. You do not wear your slippers in the bathroom or walk in the bathroom barefoot. You use the bathroom slippers that are left in there.
  3. Using chopsticks. Thankful I know how to use them or else I would be in trouble since it's nearly the only utensil. Other than the spoon used for curry and soup.
  4. The bedding. The bed is a wooden frame with a futon on it. Basically it layers like a thick, stiff comforter that is used as a mattress, a cushion layer, sheets and then a comforter. The pillow is actually stuffed with beans and thus is quite hard, honestly I find it comfortable though some of the other exchange students would disagree with me.
  5. Always carry a small hand towel or a piece of cloth to dry your hands. If you use the sink to wash your hands make sure you have one because there are no paper towels for you to use.
That's all I can think of on the top of my head, but these features definitely stand out in my daily life. Tomorrow we head off to Umeda for the day.
0 Honey:

Post a Comment